Several links to military sites have been removed, or are temporarily
unavailable because of current heightened tensions.
- Born in New Zealand in 1962
- Moved to California in 1964, then to Massachusetts in 1967.
- Moved to London in
1968, on the SS United States.
- While at university, worked for:
- Moved to Waynesboro, TN. Substitute taught, including seventh and eighth grade math at
- Married Lee Ann, 1985
- Joined U.S.
Navy in 1984, as a Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate.
Candidate School (then in Newport, RI); commissioned 1985
Power School, Orlando, FL
- S8G Prototype at NPTU Ballston Spa
- Guided Missile School, Dam Neck, VA
- Submarine Officer Basic
Course, at Submarine
School, New London CT
- USS Andrew Jackson, SSBN 619, until it was decommissioned at
- Shift Engineer and Production Training Officer at S1C Prototype,
Windsor CT (since shut down)
- Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA (BS in Systems Technology
- Submarine Officer Advanced Course
- Combat Systems Officer on USS Scranton (SSN 756)
- Combat Systems Officer at Submarine Squadron Six
- Executive Officer (XO) on USS Baltimore (SSN 704), for decommissioning
- Temporarily at Submarine Squadron Eight as an Assistant Deputy
- XO on USS Trepang (SSN 674), for decommissioning
- XO on USS Atlanta (SSN 712), for decommissioning
- Deputy ACOS for Warfare Requirements and Readiness at Commander,
Submarine Force, US Atlantic Fleet.
- On 1 October, 2001 COMSUBLANT took on additional duties as
Commander, Naval Submarine Forces for submarine force-wide policy.